Popular Posts

Sunday 16 February 2014

confusion

dear world

Dear world, 
  
You stirred life 
Up inside my soul simply 
To let go. 
Breath in my lungs you inserted 
And though I flirted with death 
You kept me grounded, surrounded 
By love, laughter, life. But now 
It seems your fleeing. 
 I’m not seeing 
how I belong here anymore. 
The set is different, the scene 
Is changing. Rearranged 
Arrangements., postponed plans, 
Cut ties, loose lies, oh world 
You look so different now. 
You are no longer my 
Playground. You no 
Longer hold the answer, 
Look, my mom has cancer, 
My father you’ve let go. 
You are no longer what I’ve 
Known but for sure what I 
Know is that you don’t want me here 
Any longer, you’ve made it impossible 
To stay. My love ones fade away, and my 
Love? I await the day ill find him. 
Perhaps all things have become a lost 
Cause world. I remember being 
Just a girl and you containing all things 
Simple. How my little sisters dimple 
Would warm my soul, but how that 
Hole has grown cold, her tears have filled 
It in mourning. I miss 
 how the atmosphere was right 
Even in the wrong places, and how 
Out of no way a way could be created, 
But now there really is no way out but death, 
No way out but theft, no 
Way out but debt. 
Did you disguise your true colors? 
Were you corrupt all along?
Written by: ashley white  

No comments:

Post a Comment