Popular Posts

Sunday 16 February 2014

imagine my shame

imagine my shame

I wanted to write poetry for you, but 
Knowing you weren’t deserving I refrained. 
And yet as I write I’ve done 
Everything but scribble your name. 
Imagine my shame. 
I strive to fame 
The love we gained 
Through pain 
And strain yet 
You remain 
Callous. 
Imagine my shame. 
Main topic. 
Same conclusion. 
An illusion is our love. 
Confusing how what was 
Once blessed has 
Progressed into nothingness. 
Remembering when your mere 
Hug, mere kiss would incite 
Shivers, how you’d deliver 
an electricity so sick to me 
It’d take my energy. So poetic 
The force, so magnetic 
Of course. Yet Pathetic. 
Like art should have been 
Our love, a mosaic of 
Fireworks, lightening 
Stars, how prosaic, how 
Day to day we’ve become. 
We are one and 2 
We should be 2 as one. 
The lines of my stanza 
Were drawn when my 
Poetry became too beautiful 
To describe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment