Popular Posts

Sunday 16 February 2014

inadequate by Cecilia Rose

Inadequate

Some days I'm torn apart. Like the 
teeth of lion, piercing a gazelle's 
heart.

And I weep so much, those tears 
now no longer fall. I feel like a 
newborn, I'm learning how to crawl.

This love, I showered him, like rain 
in a downpour. It wasn't sufficient 
enough, like a nasty hurricane he 
tore my love up.

I pick up the pieces of my shattered 
heart, and I run behind him. 
'Sweetheart, sweetheart—please 
don't leave!' I have all these heart 
pieces, I beg of him, love me.

I'm inadequate in his eyes you see. 

I can beg like a pauper. I grovel like 
a stray dog in need of food, but my 
love makes me the biggest fool.

He won't take the love I have for 
him back. I'm inadequate.

I bother too much, so I grow cold. 
But when I blink an image of his 
love being given away taunts me. 
I'm appalled, and in pain, I fall to 
my knees.

I'm replaceable, confused of how 
can this be? I'm inadequate you see.

No he doesn't want the broken, 
crumbled heart. Even if he's to 
blame for my poor heart's state.

I plead and beg, I'm pathetic. Not 
one single time though do I regret 
it.

I wish at times life was like the 
movies. In the end I'd get my guy, 
we'd tape my heart up. And he'd 
soothe it, no more aches.

This isn't a fable. I have no happy 
end, as you can see I'm inadequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment