Popular Posts

Sunday 16 February 2014

when i think of history

When I think of History

When I think of History, to me 
it's a mystery.
You are taught, you learn, you 
visit, you realize.
Still, you can only imagine.
Different dates, different times, 
What happened in this world 
before my time?
The blood, the sweat, the glory.  
Individuals, revolutions, 
resolutions.
Cultures striving, making 
heritage
 Life becomes history.
 Recognition, realization 
Understanding past historical 
power.
History is action.
With conviction and 
determination
For those who have gone 
before me
And those who will go after me 
and those who stand tall beside 
me
I am the past and I am the 
present.
I will be leaving my mark on 
the future.
Leaving footprints in History!
Written by: Denise Asberry

No comments:

Post a Comment