Popular Posts

Sunday 16 February 2014

heart broken

Forever, Never, Sweetheart

You tell me you don't hate me but 
then when I try to protect you, warn 
you, you shun me. 
I don't know how you say you love 
someone, then turn around and 
treat them the way you do. 
Every promise we made, you broke. 
Not once have I stopped being loyal 
to you. 
I don't know why I'm holding on like 
I do. 
I felt like an idiot and I still do after 
that day I came to see you. 
I don't know why you would hold me, and 
tell me you love me, when I know 
you really don't. 
My heart is hanging by a thread, I 
don't think it no longer beats the 
same. 
Everytime you punish me for my 
mistakes, I break a little more each 
day. 
You were supposed to be my best 
friend through thick and thin. 
I don't see you the same and it 
hurts in the worst way. 
I'm always wishing the best for you 
even when you ignore and shun me. 

I don't need you to love me, I would 
just like your love a lot. 
Now I know what it's like to be in 
your shoes when everyone except 
me stopped loving you. 
Through good and bad I always had 
your back. 
Now it's all about you. The narcissist 
who has to find himself with music 
and pot. 
At one point he forgot about me. 
While you're on this self discovery, 
this freeing yourself journey could 
you think please? Think of me?

One time to the girl who'd love him 
even when he made her mad.
Two times for the girl that took him 
back even when he cheated.
Three times for the girl who walked 
away from her family for him.
No times for the girl as she sits lost 
in love. 
Everyday we spoke, and you're fine 
coping without my voice. 
Now you tell me in four months 
you're sober to this love. 
I know you won't respond you never 
do. 
You don't love me, not like I love 
you.
You don't respect me, like I do you. 
Don't look up to me, like I do you. 
You care nothing about my feelings 
you just pity me, and you're happy 
with the girl I turned out to be.

You think I'm damaged goods. 
One day you'll realize I was the tight 
beat to that dope rhyme you kicked. 
I was your backbone that always 
helped you get back up again. 
I was the Yin to your Yang. 
Don't ever forget how much I loved 
you. 
Don't ever forget all the love I 
brought you.
Yeah you're cold to me now, on 
some I'm better than you ish. 
You don't have to tell me I can feel 
it.
And I'm not even mad I'm just hurt. 
Not even mad, just hurt that I'm 
always looking out for you. 
Putting you first. 
You'll never read this, you'll never 
respond. 

Forever, never, huh sweetheart?

No comments:

Post a Comment