Popular Posts

Sunday 16 February 2014

Sisters

Sisters

2 years, 5 months and 14 days ago
That’s about how long you've moved half way across the world
I've always been worried that things would change between us 
But you made me believe that everything would remain the same
We have busier lives now, picking up the phone isn't always an easy task
I've tried to make myself believe that its good not to be ‘entwined’ 
But I feel that if I do then i’ll lose my sister forever
Distance shouldn't make a difference for us,
But it does
I want the things the way they used to be
Talking all the time, laughing for no apparent reason
All these memories I know I’ll carry in my heart
I can go back and play them over in my head so to make it seem
As though everything is the way it used to be
You are not here to say what you always used to say
But you have made me believe in me and 
Helped me follow my heart
I remember how sometimes I would get so weird 
And that’d freak you out
And then we’d laugh ourselves to sleep cause that was our lullaby
You taught me to dream with open eyes 
And live the truth each day, be wise
If I could, I would build a time machine and
Replay all the wonderful times we've had together
I don’t want to know what it’d be like not to have you as a sister
No matter if things change
I’ll always remember that you’re here
Always in my heart
Even after one thousand, nine hundred and ninety two days apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment