Popular Posts

Sunday 16 February 2014

memories

Memories

There is nothing I like better than to sit by an open fire.
Sighing in pleasure and contentment, as I feel the waves of heat wash over me.

Of course it can be uncomfortably hot ,so reluctantly 
I move away.
But on bitterly cold Winter's nights
I  cannot think of anywhere  I'd rather be.

Staring into the glowing coals I am mesmerized as we all are, by the dancing flames.
Seeing flickering images , in memory and fancy, things that have been, Cannot be or will never be...

I close my eyes and drift away, remembering, my head nodding as sleep takes me.

The wood splits , cracks loudly and I start awake,
the room , dark , quiet and serene.
I am back to your memory again.

your voice how it wooes me, I cannot explain, the feelings
of passion I hold for you.


I look into the flames , my eyes aglow, my tears forgotten I see them once more. 
They are here , before me , trickling down, keeping me company 
along with your memory, you are gone.

As I am lost in my dream state again, I wake to the chill of the room I am in.

The fire is dead, no faces appearing. 
As tears flow freely, coursing down my face
as I remember our love, thrown out , 
what a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment